Monday, January 20, 2014

Thing 1

I like to consider myself a lifelong learner and I can identify with each of the habits pointed out in the tutorial, “Seven and ½ Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners”. As a theatre artist I think that the easiest habit for me is Habit 7 ½ Play! Much of theatre by its very nature is play and so it is a requirement! The most difficult for me personally would be Habit 6, use technology to your advantage. While a lot of things that I do as a theatre artist include technology, it will be nice to learn new ways to incorporate technology in my life as a theatre artist and educator.

3 comments:

  1. I understand! Theatre is very playful... and so much fun! I used to be a ballet dancer at Cincinnati Ballet up in Ohio, and I think my favorite part about performing was the creative aspect of acting. It felt wonderful getting into character and expressing myself through dance. I can imagine how much fun it is as a theatre artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too think that habit 6 is one of the most difficult things!! I wrote on that for my most difficult habit as well. Technology is cool and exciting, but I always feel like I'm just a tad behind. When I just figure out and learn something "cool", the next new thing is already here and I always feel like I'm the last one to get the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Play" was my easiest habit as well. Science is my background and being curious about nature is a big part of being able to play.

    ReplyDelete